Takapuna Normal Intermediate School is a learner-centred environment, with an emphasis on fostering a community that is safe, collaborative and supportive.
We are very proud of the quality teaching and learning that we offer at our school with many opportunities for our learners to learn, achieve and succeed academically, socially, culturally and in sports.
TNIS provides opportunities for our adolescent learners to experience personal growth and develop the skills and attributes they will need as communicators, creators and contributors.
Our committed and talented staff ensure that we offer a curriculum that is personalised, innovative and future-focused.
To develop compassionate, globally-connected learners who strive for excellence through action.
The TNIS Way
The TNIS Way is a set of values that are connected to our school vision and underpin the positive culture at our school. We are culturally responsive, valuing, respecting and celebrating the cultures of all our learners.
- Ako – Everyone is a learner
- Wānanga – Effective learning interactions
- Kotahitanga – Reflective practice
- Manaakitanga – Caring for others
- Mahi Tahi – Working together
- Mana Motuhake – High Expectations
- Ngā Whakapiringitanga – Safe learning environment
- Whanaungatanga – Relationships
- Tangata Whenuatanga – Affirming learners’ culture
Our values are highly visible, explicitly taught and referred to throughout our school, keeping our positive culture alive and well.