TNIS is recognised as one of the highest achieving schools in New Zealand. We accept students aged 11 years to 13 years who would like to enrol for a year of study (minimum 1 Term).
NZ Border opening. Immigration New Zealand will open for the student visa applications from 31 Jul 2022. Every learner who will come to New Zealand needs to meet the Covid-19 testing and vaccination requirement. For further information, please reference the Immigration New Zealand website.
Students outside of New Zealand are welcome to submit an enrolment form. Following an online interview and application assessment, an Acceptance Letter will be given in place of an Offer until border restrictions are lifted.
We look forward to welcoming new International Students to New Zealand as soon as possible.
- Read the following documents to learn about our school
- Complete our International Student Enrolment Contract, and return with a copy of our passport and students’ most recent school report (translated into English).
- If the International Student is to stay with a Dedicated Caregiver you will need to read the Code of Practice for Pastoral care and complete the following form:
Designated Caregiver Agreement
- Students and parents/caregivers will have an interview at school or via an online platform.
- The application will be reviewed and the parent or agent will be notified when a decision is made.
PAYMENT AND VISA
- If accepted, a tuition invoice will be issued with an Offer of Place.
- Following payment, a receipt of payment will be issued for the student visa application to Immigration New Zealand.
- Please be advised when transitioning from a New Zealand primary school, your Student Visa must be renewed prior to starting at TNIS and must state “to study at Takapuna Normal Intermediate School”.
PRIOR TO STARTING SCHOOL
- The student’s passport showing Student Visa must be sighted (or E-visa copy).
- A copy of the Medical/Travel Insurance Policy must be provided.
- Mother’s/Father’s passport to verify Guardian Visa.
- We will help you get a uniform.
Click on the flag below to download our International Student Brochure:
CODE OF PRACTICE
Takapuna Normal Intermediate School has agreed to observe and be bound by the “Code of Practice for Pastoral Care of International Students”. Copies of the code are available in multiple languages from the school or from
New Zealand Qualifications Authority at Education code of practice
Full details of visa and permit requirements, and advice on rights to employment in New Zealand while studying and reporting requirements are available through the New Zealand Immigration Service, and can be viewed on their website at www.immigration.govt.nz.