Takapuna Normal Intermediate School welcomes International students into our school to provide a positive kiwi learning experience.
TNIS celebrates New Zealand’s growing cultural diversity and strives to ensure that all students feel culturally safe and valued. We are dedicated to creating a learning environment that is caring, inclusive, cohesive, and ensures that students’ time here is a memorable and happy experience. Our school provides to students exciting opportunities and programmes that will grow their confidence and progress their learning.
TNIS offers international students the opportunity to study a world-renowned program in IB which also fully supports the New Zealand NCEA curriculum. The school not only celebrates great success in the academic curriculum but offers dynamic programmes in Dance, Art and Music. The many sports options cater for beginners as well as those seeking challenging competition.
Some of the ways we ensure outstanding education and development opportunities:
- Highly qualified teaching staff
- Excellent academic results
- First-rate learning facilities
- Sophisticated technology to enhance student achievement
- English language support for non-English speaking students
- Dedicated Pastoral care support by the International Student Director with translators able to support in the first language (Korean, Japanese, Chinese)
- Allocating a buddy to all new students
- Encouraging interaction across age levels through vertical classes
- TNIS is a signatory to the Education Code of Practice 2016 with amendments (Korean, Japanese, Chinese, Vietnamese, Thai)
Choose your pathway to successful learning at Takapuna Normal Intermediate School and start the Application Process.
Within 10 minutes drive of the school are many gorgeous beaches and multiple sports grounds. The school is also within walking distance of a shopping mall, leisure centre, and movie theatre.
For more information
Please email our International Student Director, Sophia Yang, at email@example.com.
Getting started in New Zealand – NauMai NZ has information and suggestions to help before you arrive and once you’re studying and living in New Zealand.
Information to assist students from Immigration New Zealand.
Please review our recent ERO Report of August 2017.