TNIS is recognised as one of the highest achieving schools in New Zealand. We accept students aged 11 years to 13 years who would like to enrol for a year of study (minimum 1 Term).
- Read the TNIS International Student Guide to learn about our school.
- Refund Policy
- Enrolment Prospectus 2020
- Learner Handbook 2019
- Complete our TNIS International Student Application, include a copy of passport and a copy of most recent school report (translated in English).
- If the International Student is to stay with a Dedicated Caregiver you will need to read the Code of Practice for Pastoral care and complete the following form:
Designated Caregiver Agreement
- Your application is reviewed and you or your agent will be notified when a decision is made.
- Student may be required to have an enrolment interview on Skype or Wechat.
PAYMENT AND VISA
- If accepted, an invoice will be issued along with an Offer of Place letter.
- Once payment is received, we will issue a receipt of payment required for the student visa application to Immigration New Zealand.
- Please be advised when transitioning from a New Zealand primary school, your Student Visa must be renewed prior to starting at TNIS and must state “to study at Takapuna Normal Intermediate School”.
PRIOR TO STARTING SCHOOL
- The students passport showing Student Visa must be sighted (or E-visa copy).
- A copy of the Medical/Travel Insurance Policy must be provided.
- Mother’s/Father’s passport to verify Guardian Visa.
- We will help you get a uniform.
Click on the flag below to download our International Student Brochure:
CODE OF PRACTICE
Takapuna Normal Intermediate School has agreed to observe and be bound by the “Code of Practice for Pastoral Care of International Students”. Copies of the code are available in multiple languages from the school or from New Zealand Qualifications Authority at:
Full details of visa and permit requirements, advice on rights to employment in New Zealand while studying and reporting requirements are available through the New Zealand Immigration Service, and can be viewed on their website at www.immigration.govt.nz.
Please review our recent ERO Report August 2017