TNIS is recognised as one of the highest achieving schools in New Zealand. We accept students aged 11 years to 13 years who would like to enrol for a year of study (minimum 1 Term).
- Read the following documents to learn about our school
- Complete our International Student Enrolment Contract, and return with a copy of passport and students’ most recent school report (translated in English).
- If the International Student is to stay with a Dedicated Caregiver you will need to read the Code of Practice for Pastoral care and complete the following form:
Designated Caregiver Agreement
- Student and parents/caregivers will have an interview at school or via online platform.
- Application will be reviewed and parent or agent will be notified when a decision is made.
PAYMENT AND VISA
- If accepted, a tuition invoice will be issued with an Offer of Place.
- Following payment a receipt of payment will be issued for the student visa application to Immigration New Zealand.
- Please be advised when transitioning from a New Zealand primary school, your Student Visa must be renewed prior to starting at TNIS and must state “to study at Takapuna Normal Intermediate School”.
PRIOR TO STARTING SCHOOL
- The students passport showing Student Visa must be sighted (or E-visa copy).
- A copy of the Medical/Travel Insurance Policy must be provided.
- Mother’s/Father’s passport to verify Guardian Visa.
- We will help you get a uniform.
Click on the flag below to download our International Student Brochure:
CODE OF PRACTICE
Takapuna Normal Intermediate School has agreed to observe and be bound by the “Code of Practice for Pastoral Care of International Students”. Copies of the code are available in multiple languages from the school or from New Zealand Qualifications Authority at:
Full details of visa and permit requirements, advice on rights to employment in New Zealand while studying and reporting requirements are available through the New Zealand Immigration Service, and can be viewed on their website at www.immigration.govt.nz.
Please review our recent ERO Report August 2017